Steamed Hiina dumplings or Jiaozi
- Frozen dumplings Uvic Hiina 400g
- Soy sauce 1 tbsp
- Rice vinegar 1 tbsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Grated ginger 1 tsp
- Grated garlic 1 tsp
- Chopped chillies or chilli flakes if desired
- Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, beans, sugar snap peas and cabbage are ideal for steaming.
- Clean and chop the vegetables.
- Place on the bottom of a steamer covered with baking paper and cover with a lid. Don’t put the vegetables together with different cooking times.
- Steamed vegetables should be crispy or al dente rather than overcooked.
- Season with a little salt and you can pour the melted butter over the vegetables before serving. The fat helps to highlight the taste of vegetables as well as to better absorb the nutrients contained in them.
- Lift the baking paper to the bottom of the steaming pot and place the dumplings on the paper.
- Steam covered for about 5 minutes.
- For the sauce, mix the ingredients and serve with steamed Hiina dumplings and vegetables.